Come and work with us!
The Institute of Atmospheric and Cryospheric Sciences in Innsbruck (ACINN) invites applications for the following academic positions, starting February 1, 2019, for the duration of three years:
- Postdoctoral Researcher (full time position)
- Doctoral Researcher (75% position)
Both the postdoc and the doctoral candidate will work in the Ice and Climate Group of ACINN in the research project “Snow-cover dynamics and mass balance on mountain glaciers” on Hintereisferner, which is a joint project with the University Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) and thus financed by both the Austrian FWF and the German DFG . The project focuses on exchange processes in the near snow atmospheric boundary layer and will merge high resolution field observations with modeling. Salaries are according to https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/
To apply successfully for the PostDoc position, you will:
- have a PhD in a field of Earth science, physics, or mathematics with a strong background in fluid dynamics and numerical modeling of the atmosphere and/or glaciers;
- have a publication record in peer-reviewed, international journals;
- be fluent in English (equivalent to CEFR level C1).
To apply successfully for the PhD position, you will:
- have a MSc in a field of Earth science, physics, or mathematics with a background in fluid dynamics or numerical modeling of the atmosphere and/or glaciers;
It will be advantageous for each of the positions if you can demonstrate experience in:
- performing field experiments under high mountain winter conditions;
- analysing observational data from a variety of sources;
- working in a supercomputing environment.
Proficiency in German is not necessary, but may be helpful for everyday life in Innsbruck as well as in the field.
The University of Innsbruck is an equal opportunity employer and aims particularly at increasing the share of female scientists employed in research and teaching. Thus, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. International applications and those from candidates with a migration background are explicitly appreciated.
Please submit your application, a letter of motivation, CV (with copies of certificates), and contact details of two referees until November 30th, 2018 via E-Mail to: Dekanat-Geowiss@uibk.ac.at
All applications received before November 30th, 2018 will be considered, thereafter review will continue until the position is filled.